The Full Service Schools’ Programme was initiated in Belfast Boys’ Model School and Belfast Model School for Girls in October 2006. The Full Service School is also a fully extended school offering substantial additional programmes and activities not only for pupils but also the local community, from early morning through the school day and into the evening.
FSES (Full Service Extended Schools) is a child centred, needs led programme which aims to reduce barriers to learning for young people. The school works in partnership with the whole community and parents to ensure success and lifelong learning opportunities.
We currently provide programmes and support around 5 main themes:
- Pupil engagement – educational workshops, pastoral support, educational projects and after school clubs
- Health engagement – healthy breakfast club, therapeutic clinic, fitness clubs and nutritional advice
- Transition support – Primary school support and ‘BBMS Taster Days’
- Community engagement – evening educational and vocational classes
- Parental engagement – Parent Focus Group and Parent Education Sessions
Full Service Staff
Mr C Carlisle
Mrs A Elder
Personal Development Mentor